The report has the following sections:
- Executive Summary introduces the scope of the report and highlights findings from 2002.
- About NCAVP includes the organizations' mission statement and member list.
- Domestic Violence & LGBT Individuals begins with an inclusive definition, discusses the prevalence of LGBT domestic violence, introduces special issues including HIV/AIDS, and describes several barriers to addressing LGBT domestic violence.
- Legal Protecctions for LGBT Survivors details implications of the Lawrence v. Texas Supreme Court ruling.
- 2002 Statistics covers rates of murder including analysis of gender, sexual orientation, age, and race/ethnicity of victims.
- Local Summaries includes community-specific data from contributing programs.
- Recommendations for Change outlines six recommendations to federal, state, and local governments, government agencies, funders of domestic violence services and service providers.
- Appendix A: 2002 Data Chart
- Appendix B: Power and Control Wheel