Interpretation is a complex honed skill, intensely crafted through study and practice. Interpretation with survivors of intimate violence is additionally complex, but training on community interpretation in social service and intimate violence settings is hard to find.
This one-of-a-kind training course to will help boost your provision of interpretation in service and advocacy settings, whether full-time, part-time, or ad-hoc.
The 40-hour CITI Program hosted by Asian Women's Shelter includes the following:
- Webinar on Monday, November 20, 2017, 9:30am - 5:30pm
- Webinar on Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 9:30am - 5:30pm
- Three day in-person training institute, December 6, 7, and 8, 2017, 9:00am - 5:00pm
Participation in all 40 hours is required for a certificate of completion.
Registration is free. Space is limited to 35 participants, and registration is handled on a first-come, first-served basis.
2) being in a position to provide interpretation upon completion of the CITI program;
3) significant proficiency in English and one non-English language; and
4) commitment to all three segments of the training institute.