The Blueprint for Safety is an "A to Z" criminal legal system (CLS) response to domestic violence. As a comprehensive Coordinated Community Response (CCR) with detailed adaptable policies and protocols, the Blueprint offers any community - whether large, rural, tribal, new to CCR work, or well-established CCRs - tools to improve their responses to survivors, accomplish their CCR goals, enhance safety, and strengthen offender and system accountability.
This institute is an immersive interdisciplinary learning experience providing communities with a hands-on and simulated understanding of Blueprint work. It is designed to expose participants at all stages of CCR work to the various ways the Blueprint can enhance your local response to domestic violence crimes, whether you are interested in:
- Fully adopting the Blueprint,
- Adapting one or more of the Blueprint policy and protocol chapters, such as law enforcement or prosecution,
- Comparing your current policies and practices to Blueprint best practices,
- Adopting some aspect of the Blueprint response, such as responding to risk and danger or strengthening victim engagement,
- Assessing the effectiveness of your local agency responses, or
- Working with victims and advocates to document problematic responses.
Denise Eng, Blueprint Program Manager: 651-699-8000 ext. 17, email@example.com
Amalfi Parker Elder, Blueprint Program & Training Specialist: 651-699-8000 ext. 24, firstname.lastname@example.org