Organized by the Garden of Hope Foundation, the Asian Network of Women’s Shelters (ANWS) and the Global Network of Women’s Shelters (GNWS) this webinar is on the topic of “Coronavirus and Women’s Shelters: Policy perspectives on protection of victims of domestic violence during the outbreak."
The webinar will address the following questions:
- In lockdown situations, how can shelters and domestic violence prevention organizations respond? What should governments do to address the needs of survivors of violence?
- What procedures should shelters follow to treat residents who show symptoms of COVID-19?
- What policies should governments implement to help shelters respond to coronavirus?
- How can shelters protect the confidentiality of survivors and avoid screening that denies access to services, while at the same time also protect the health of other residents and staff from COVID-19?
- What lessons did Taiwan learn from SARS that helped prepare for coronavirus?