This training will address accessibility at in-person events. Participants will learn steps for creating accessible in-person and virtual training and technical assistance, including:
- Preparing conference request forms;
- Designing accessible activities and learning environments;
- Advertising to people with disabilities and Deaf people;
- Identifying and meeting the access needs of participants;
- Working with American Sign Language Interpreters;
- Collaborating with hotels to address barriers and enhance accessibility; and
- Preparing presenters.
Participants will be given opportunities to apply the lessons learned to their own technical assistance activities and will leave the training with an enhanced design and action plan that accounts for access and inclusion.