Join us for Culture, Identity, and Recovery to explore the vital and complex roles that culture and social identity play in behavioral health, homeless services, and recovery. The session uses a holistic approach, encouraging participants to look inward and at their surroundings, while also presenting current topics in cultural competency. Topics include:
- culture and social identity;
- variations in how people access help;
- cultural considerations in interventions, treatment, and recovery services;
- outreach and engagement of diverse people;
- cultural humility;
- cultural inquiry; and
- informal and formal recovery supports.
This is a workforce development and capacity building opportunity. NAADAC and NBCC continuing education units are provided. Help spread the word; please forward this announcement to staff and community partners.
Culture, Identity, and Recovery features two nationally recognized leaders in cultural competency and behavioral health: Cathy Cave, founding partner of Inspired Vision, LLC, and Pierluigi Mancini, Ph.D., president of Multicultural Development Institute, Inc.