Registration is open for the Improving the Accessibility of the OVW Funded Training and Technical Assistance training, taking place March 27-29, 2018. This three-day training is designed to improve the accessibility of OVW funded training and technical assistance, with a focus on accessibility at in person events. Participants will learn about common access requests, budgeting to provide access, how to create access during both in person and virtual training and technical assistance, and much more.
- Preparing conference request forms;
- Designing accessible activities and learning environments;
- Advertising to people with disabilities and Deaf people;
- Identifying and meeting the access needs of participants;
- Working with American Sign Language Interpreters;
- Collaborating with hotels to address barriers and enhance accessibility; and
- Preparing presenters.
Participants will be given opportunities to apply the lessons learned to their own technical assistance activities and will leave the training with an enhanced design and action plan that accounts for access and inclusion.
For more information or for assistance with registration, please email Supreet Minhas at email@example.com or call (212) 376-3163.