Women of Color Network (WOCN) is deeply saddened by the injuries and deaths of aspiring allies in Charlottesville, VA over the weekend. We see the white supremacist rally, the anti-counter protester violence, and the limited reaction that this egregious rally received in comparison to rallies held by communities of color across the country as #JaggedJustice.
WOCN invites you to join us on August 21, 2017 for another important #JaggedJustice call. These calls began in 2014 to address current and historical, systemic and systematic disparities, brutality and maltreatment within communities of color. WOCN, Inc. continues to lift up women of color working within the anti-violence against women/gender-based violence movement, across our intersectional identities.
On this call we will:
- Connect the dots between current events and the work of women and men of color advocates;
- Problem-solve how the movement/field can participate in addressing these important needs;
- Share the impact the current political and social climate may be having on people of color working in mainstream organizations;
- Highlight organizing efforts that are happening in communities and sharing ways for others to participate;
- Discuss what participants would like to see happen across disciplines, locally and nationally;
- Discuss ways that white aspiring allies can take united action with women and men of color to address these issues.