The following areas are identified in the "Injury and Violence" category (65-66):
- Injury and Violence Prevention Interventions: Develop and evaluate the efficacy, effectiveness, and economic efficiency of interventions to prevent and reduce the consequences of interpersonal violence, suicidal behavior, and unintentional injury.
- Risk and Protective Factors for Unintentional Injury: Identify the risk and protective factors associated with the leading causes of fatal and non-fatal unintentional injury in all stages of life.
- Risk and Protective Factors for Interpersonal Violence and Suicidal Behavior: Identify the risk and protective factors associated with interpersonal violence and suicidal behavior in all stages of life.
- Trauma Systems Research: Determine and evaluate how the components of trauma systems, including disability and rehabilitation services, improve short- and long-term health outcomes and costs for the acutely injured.
- Connection Among Multiple Forms of Violence: Identify the relationships among different forms of violence and other public health problems, and evaluate integrative strategies to address them.