This report documents rampant abuses during the operation and provides detailed accounts of the events in four of the 10 communities that were targeted. Across all 10 communities the evidence collected by Human Rights Watch indicates that security forces tortured scores of men, wounded at least 1,200 people, including one man who died from his injuries, and raped at least a dozen women over the course of the three-day operation. Human Rights Watch said this is part of a broader pattern of similar abuses by security forces.
- To the Government of Kenya
- To the Kenyan Parliament
- To the Ministry of Health and Nongovernmental Organizations Working on Women's Rights, Health Services, and Sexual Violence in Kenya
- To the Kenya National Commission on Human Rights
- To the United States, the United Kingdom, and Other International Partners of Kenyan Security Forces
- To the United Nations Secretary-General
- To the United Nations Department of Peacekeeping Operations