The primary purposes of this community organizing toolkit are to help support member programs and their community partners in creating a community-wide response to the issues of sexual and domestic violence; change community norms that support violence against women; and mobilize local communities for social change.
The community organizing process framework for this toolkit includes the following steps:
- Set Your Collaborative Group Up for Success
- Come together
- Define your purpose(s)
- Determine how you’ll work together
- Get in the Know By Taking Stock
- Put Together An Informed Plan
- Agitate for Change
- Demonstrate & Celebrate Your Success!