Included in this publication is a policy guideline on gender mainstreaming, and practical guidelines on how to institutionalize gender-sensitive risk assessments, implement gender-sensitive early warning systems, and use gender-sensitive indicators to monitor gender mainstreaming progress. Also included is a summary of the limited global progress in this task so far, and a list of further readings.
- Chapter 1: Mainstreaming Gender into Disaster Risk Reduction: Progress & Challenge
- Chapter 2: A Policy Guideline for Gender-Sensitive Disaster Risk Reduction
- Chapter 3: A Gender-Sensitive Risk Assessment
- Chapter 4: Gender-Sensitive Early Warning Systems
- Chapter 5: Gender-Sensitive Indicators for Disaster Risk Reduction