The Resource Guide provides materials for public education and community awareness activities including:
- A list of "Twenty Tips for Community Outreach",
- Samples for Working With the Media",
- "Statistical Overviews and Resources" with 17 statistics sheets, and information about electronic resources available from the National Criminal Justice Reference Service, a comprehensive website listing,
- "Maximizing Communication And Awareness" with a sample speech, notable quotables, and a sample sermon,
- "Landmarks in Victims’ Rights and Services" focusing on a historical overview of crime victims’ rights in America, victims’ rights federal constitutional amendments, and a chart of State victims' rights constitutional amendments,
- "Camera-Ready Artwork" including posters, bookmarks, buttons, and bumper stickers, in PDF file only
- A"Sample Proclamation"
- a listing of toll-free information and referral numbers for victim assistance.
The Resource Guide's 17 Statistical Overviews cover: Child Abuse and Victimization, Cost of Crime, Crime and Education, Crime and Victimization, Domestic Violence, Drunk Driving, Elder Abuse and Neglect, Financial Crime, Hate and Bias Crime, Homicide, Juvenile Crime and Victimization, Rape and Sexual Assault, Sentencing and Corrections, Stalking, Substance Abuse and Crime, Victims With Disabilities, and Workplace Violence and Crime.
This Resource Guide was developed by the Victims' Assistance Legal Organization (VALOR) with support from the U.S. Office for Victims of Crime (in the Office of Justice Programs, Department of Justice).