The report highlights, country by country, many of the recent achievements and indicates what must continue to build on them. Additionally, it provides examples of good practices as well as efforts that did not meet the goals - and explores the reasons why.
- 'Women's Rights Are Human Rights': A New Language and New Standards
- Spreading the Word: Advocacy and Awareness-Raising
- Outlawing Violence: Laws and Legal Reform
- Making Commitments: Governmental Action Plans
- Measuring the Issue: Research Initiatives
- An Agenda for Moving Forward
- List of Acronyms
The appendices include a list of Legislation on Violence Against Women by Country and Selected Indicators on Violence Against Women.