These training manuals for Christian and Jewish audiences accompany the video series Pastoral Care for Domestic Violence, which can been viewed for free on YouTube.
The role plays demonstrate Catholic, Protestant and Jewish clergy effectively addressing common religious issues raised by victims, survivors, and abusers in situations of domestic violence. This comprehensive training is designed to be used for audiences who have some understanding of the religious aspects of domestic violence. The series of vignettes train clergy on:
- Safety and healing for survivors
- Common religious issues raised by abused women
- Skills in pastoral counseling for survivors and abusers
- Accountability for abusers
- Theological issues
- Referrals to community agencies
Who is this for?
- Ministers, chaplains, seminary faculty
- Domestic violence programs for outreach to faith communities
- Seminaries to educate students for pastoral leadership
- Community groups and organizations addressing religion and domestic violence