This toolkit is a collection of resources for communities that are considering building a SART (Sexual Assault Response Team) or those that want to improve their existing coordinated response to victims of sexual assault. Effective SARTs leverage the knowledge that each component of the multidisciplinary team brings to the response. By using the tools in this resource, and by working with the strengths of each agency, SARTs are able to provide a coordinated response to ensure the needs of victims are met.
The resources contained in the Toolkit are intended to assist, formalize, expand on, and evaluate SART responses by providing guidance on such topics as:
- Culturally specific services.
- Increasing accessibility of services.
- Expanding services to improve investigative and prosecutorial practices.
- Enhancing multijurisdictional responses.
- Forming permanent partnerships within the community to help ensure the SART model is sustained over time.