This toolkit for older adults is designed with two goals in mind: to provide information about common technologies, including assistive technology, and to identify ways older adults can safeguard themselves from those who misuse technology to control, harass, stalk, and/or threaten them.
- Tech 101: Frequently Used Terminology – a glossary of tech terms, many of which are referenced in the toolkit.
- Tech Tips for Older Adults: Tech Safety – a general overview of computer, cell phone and Internet safety.
- Tech Tips for Older Adults: Online Privacy & Safety – An overview of the importance of online privacy and strategies for maintaining privacy and safety online.
- Technology and Abuse in Later Life – An overview of the ways abusers misuse technology within the context of abuse in later life.
- Assistive Technology – An overview of assistive technology, including what it is, who uses it and resources for finding out more about assistive technology.
- Examples of Assistive Technology – An overview of assistive technologies for individuals who are Deaf or hard-of-hearing, have speech disabilities, are blind or have low vision, or have physical, motor or communication disabilities.
- Assistive Technology and Abuse in Later Life – A general overview of the ways abusers may misuse assistive technologies to cause harm.
- Resources – A list of selected resources related to technology and technology safety.