This toolkit provides an overview of how agencies with limited financial resources can develop a social marketing campaign that reaches youth and young adults. The information provided on this site will guide you through the many decisions that must be made throughout this process with practical examples from the field of sexual and reproductive health. Following the sections below, you will be guided through the creation of a social marketing campaign:
- What is social marketing? Learn exactly what social marketing is and how it differs from commercial marketing.
- What's going on?: Defining the Problem. Take your first steps toward creating successful messages.
- What do you want to say? Make your message real and popular.
- Do It! Choose your campaign methods and a media mix that is considerate of both the priority population and your budget limitations.
- Sally! A Case Study: Follow Sally, a local county health department employee, as she creates an effective and affordable social marketing campaign.
- Social Marketing Toolbox: Find worksheets, websites and other tools to assist you every step of the way.
- Campaign Samples: See examples of real social marketing campaigns launched by youth-based organizations.