Q&A (Queers & Allies / Questions & Answers) is a one-of-a-kind training and consultation project available to d.v. advocates and others who want to improve their advocacy with trans and queer, bisexual, lesbian, and gay survivors of abuse. Through this project, the National LGBTQ IPV Institute brings together advocates from across the country to:
- Develop assessment skills and experience
- Share specialized info from LGBTQ survivors
- Share information about unique issues and concerns facing our diverse LGBTQ communities
- Problem-solve around typical barriers that exist in shelters, advocate programs, anti-violence projects and queer resource centers
- Integrate queer generated theories and information about domestic violence into work with survivors
- Q&A participants also have an on-going access to the Institute staff for technical assistance and consultation following the Institute!