Virtual Hill Briefing Convened by National Health Collaborative on Violence and Abuse (NHCVA), Elder Justice Coalition, Alzheimer’s Association and the Alzheimer's Impact Movement.
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, seniors are at increased risk for elder abuse and face unique barriers to receiving assistance. Join this virtual Hill briefing to hear from leading health and advocacy experts to lift up these issues to better understand how seniors are more susceptible to abuse during this time and share timely policy solutions.
Honorary Congressional Hosts:
- Rep. Suzanne Bonamici (D-OR), Co-Chair of the Bipartisan Elder Justice Caucus
- Rep. Peter King (R-NY), Co-Chair of the Bipartisan Elder Justice Caucus
- Tonya McFadden, MS, MSA, Director, Strategies for Health Equity at American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) (moderator)
- XinQi Dong, MD, MPH, Director, Institute for Health, Health Care Policy and Aging Research at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- Laura Thornhill, Senior Associate Director, Regulatory Affairs at Alzheimer’s Association
- Robert B. Blancato, National Coordinator, Elder Justice Coalition