Since 1993, the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence has provided support and funding for healthcare-based programs designed to improve the screening, identification, and response to victims of domestic violence. One consistent feature of these programs, and similar programs being implemented across the nation, is the provision of training for healthcare providers on the topic of domestic violence.
In response to the desire by trainers to evaluate their training, PCADV developed the Domestic Violence Health Care Provider Training Evaluation Toolkit. Trainers can use the toolkit to evaluate a range of healthcare trainings on domestic violence. The toolkit contains a total of 7 different instruments:
- The Respondent Profile is a five question survey designed to gather basic demographic and other information about the audience attending a training session or program.
- The Respondent Profile II includes all questions on the Respondent Profile and adds additional questions on the type of clinical practice, previous training received in domestic violence, and the number of patients seen by the participant.
- The Practice Issues Survey solicits specific information about the provider's experience in screening and diagnosing domestic violence and the use of patient education and referral resources.
- The Presenter Evaluation Form consists of 10 questions designed to gain feedback from the audience and measure the effectiveness of the trainer.
- The Presentation Evaluation Form contains 22 questions that focus more specifically on the content of the training and the usefulness of the material provided to the audience.
- The Domestic Violence Healthcare Provider Survey is a measure of domestic violence-related knowledge, attitudes, beliefs and self-reported behaviors. & This survey contains 42 items that are formatted on a response scale with ratings ranging from 1 to 5.
- The Healthcare Provider Survey on Intimate Partner Violence is designed to measure health care provider knowledge, attitudes, beliefs, and intended behaviors associated with intimate partner violence. It is comprised of 52 items which are formatted on a response scale ranging from 1 to 7. & There are also demographic questions included. &