This training module addresses how to:
- Recognize the importance of effective victim interviewing in the successful investigation and prosecution of sexual assault cases
- Identify common barriers to effectively interviewing sexual assault victims
- Identify and overcome the fundamental challenges faced by law enforcement professionals conducting a victim interview
- Recognize various policy questions and “best practices” for law enforcement
- Conduct an effective preliminary interview with a victim of sexual assault
- Conduct an effective follow-up interview with a victim of sexual assault.