These fact sheets were adapted from a longer article by Jessica Mindlin, Esq., and Bonnie Brandl, MSW, entitled, “Respecting Elders, Protecting Elders: Untangling the Mystery of What Sexual Assault Advocates Need to Know About the Mandatory Reporting of Elder Abuse” published in Reshape (Spring 2011; no. 27).
Fact sheets include:
- Part 1: What is Mandatory Reporting?
- Part 2: Mandatory Reporting of Elder Abuse: Exploring the Benefits and Harms
- Part 3: What Advocates Need to Know About Mandatory Reporting of Elder Abuse
- Part 4: Tips for Working with Older Victims When You Are Mandated to Report Elder Abuse
- Part 5: Developing Agency Policy on Mandatory Reporting of Elder Abuse
- Part 6: Elder Abuse Mandatory Reporting Flow Chart for Victim Service Providers