It looks at the status of women today, discusses how gender equality will move all the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) forward, and shows how investment in women's rights will ultimately produce a double dividend: advancing the rights of both women and children.
- Chapter 1: A Call for Equality
- Chapter 2: Equality in the household
- Chapter 3: Equality in employment
- Chapter 4: Equality in politics and government
- Chapter 5: Reaping the double dividend of gender equality
- Statistical Tables: Basic indicators, Nutrition, Health, HIV/AIDS, Education, Demographic indicators, Economic indicators, Women, Child protection, The rate of progress