As part of CDC’s DELTA program, this statewide plan was based on a systematic 10-step planning process called “Getting to Outcomes.” The goal was to create and implement evidence-based strategies that prevent first-time perpetration of intimate partner violence. The plan outlines five steps:
- Goal 1: Increase the number and diversity of communities in Virginia that engage in effective programs to promote healthy relationships.
- Goal 2: Increase the VSDVAA members' commitment to achieving economic equality in Virginia.
- Goal 3: Increase the capacity of young adults to effectively identify and respond to behaviors that may be precursors to IPV.
- Goal 4: Increase the resources available to professionals who serve youth for building healthy relationship skills and positive racial identify for African-American youth in pre-K through elementary school.
- Goal 5: Increase our understanding of perpetration of intimate partner violence.