The purpose of this collection is to:
- Provide information on issues and concepts specific to sexual violence against military service members;
- Define the term Military Sexual Trauma;
- Inform on current policy, procedures, legislation, and litigation that may impact members of the military, veterans, and advocates;
- Offer resources for service members, veterans, advocates, educators, and prevention practitioners; and
- Share additional resources and organizations serving as partners, collaborators, advocates, or allies for service members and veterans impacted by sexual violence.
This collection is a companion piece to The Intersection of Domestic Violence and the Military: Working Across Disciplines published by the National Resource Center on Domestic Violence in June 2011. In an effort to focus on the topic of Military Sexual Trauma as a co-occurring issue, the resources listed here provide a detailed look at the issue of sexual violence in the military.
While information and resources shared here should provide pertinent and reliable information on the topic, this is by no means a complete collection of all resources available. These resources were compiled by the National Sexual Violence Resource Center to add to the body of knowledge for people affected by and working to end sexual violence.