Ninety percent of protestant pastors report encountering sexual or domestic violence in their congregations, but only 50% believe they are prepared to respond to it. If 9 out of 10 pastors will encounter domestic or sexual violence situations at work, then 10 out of 10 pastors must receive training on how to respond.
This webinar series consists of two webinars and includes:
- Important definitions of sexual and domestic violence
- Dispelling common myths around abuse
- A theological framework for abuse
- Advice for planning how your seminary can include or improve sexual and domestic abuse training in preparing pastors for ministry
- In-depth questions and idea sharing from participants during the webinar
- Shared experiences of implementing abuse prevention and response training into seminary programs or courses