Thursday, March 08, 2018, 12:00PM
- Friday, March 09, 2018
Workplace Violence Prevention Symposium is the nation’s leading conference on workplace violence prevention strategies—and it’s returning in 2018! Last year’s event was a momentous success, and attendees left with valuable action plans to prepare their workplaces for potentially devastating attacks and acts of violence.
This year’s conference will be held in scenic Savannah, GA, and will feature an all-new agenda outlining tactical strategies for reducing the risk of security breaches, workplace violence, and legal liabilities through powerful keynotes, substantive breakout sessions, and skills-building workshops.
Topics covered at Workplace Violence Prevention Symposium 2018 will include:
- Managing real-life situations and address employer responsibilities under OSHA's General Duty Clause
- Developing comprehensive workplace violence prevention plans including policies, record-keeping, and response strategies
- Deescalating and minimize violent outbursts
- Reducing security risks in your workplace across all work sites
- Screening new hires using integrity and personality tests (legally)
- Understanding your potential legal obligations under ADA, FMLA, and other laws concerning mental health issues
- Mitigating the risks of workplace violence related to intimate partner violence
- Defusing active shooter incidents using proven table-top exercises
Event Contact Information